For most of my adult life, the only person I really cared about was me. As a matter of fact, if I had had a website back then, it would have probably been: www.idontgiveash*t.com. Seriously. I never really understood what life was about and I didn’t CARE. I was too wrapped up in the next adventure, the next party, the next paycheck, the next …whatever. As I grew older and somewhat wiser, I finally began to realize that life is really all about choices and that “My Life is the sum total of all my choices”
“A man is apt to forget that in this world he cannot have everything. A Choice is all that is left to him.” -H. Mathews
Well, today, I choose to CARE. I want to be a part of the solution, not part of the problem. You know what? It is a better way to live.
Wow! Did you know that one smile can change someone’s day? A timely compliment can do wonders. Taking a minute to listen to a co-worker or family member can make a huge difference. You just never know how that seemingly small effort on your part, may be the start of something BIG. It can have a positive influence on numerous people. The concepts of Paying it forward and doing Random acts of kindness are still around; we just don’t hear about them as often. We can make a difference. It’s up to us. It’s time to CARE and share.
Okay, I will go first. I want to Share and pass on some things that have helped me and also the things that I need to be reminded of on a daily basis.
1. I am RESPONSIBLE.
2. SMILE – Our gestures are contagious. Smiling is one of the best.
3. Be HONEST – With yourself and others. “To thine own self be true.” -William Shakespeare
4. Be willing to CHANGE – If things aren’t going so well, take a look at yourself.
5. Don’t WORRY - If you can’t control it, why worry about it?
6. Become a good LISTENER – We truly connect with others when we are listening.
7. HELP others – Especially, if you are down and feeling sorry for yourself; go help someone else.
8. Don’t Expect … ACCEPT – Expectations of others are pre-meditated resentments.
9. GIVE – Whenever you can, whatever you can. A perfect gift ask nothing in return.
10. Have ENTHUSIASM – It persuades without pressure.
11. LAUGH (a lot) and have a sense of humor.
12. FORGIVE - Forgiveness is letting go of all hopes for a better past.
It has been proven that it takes approximately 21 days to change or form a new habit. So please (if you choose), give this list a try for 21 days and see for yourself the positive change that is possible. Keeping your mind open to these ideas could possibly make a huge difference in your life and lives of those around you!
I remember my first PowerPoint presentation after I decided to make some changes and make new choices in my life. The presentation itself was titled CHANGE and the very first slide said:
Change may start with a “ C “ but real CHANGE begins with ME!
In today’s economy, we desperately need (PAS) Positive Attitude Solutions. The responsibility for this falls on you and me. If you read anything, hear anything or find that this blog helps you, please PASs it on, and SHARE with others and keep The CARE Movement alive and growing.
I leave you with this last thought, something I read years ago and continue to read today:
“May I keep the fire of inner commitment alive through this whole, wonderful day, whether my activities are workaday tasks or free-form and creative. May I choose to make this a great day for me, and those around me.”
It really is about choices and change. Some will be difficult, some will be necessary and some will be both. Okay, what do you think? Do you CARE? Do you need to make better choices and/or changes in your life? Are you open to change? I am looking forward to your comments, suggestions and questions.
Thanks again for CAREing.